Top Jobs - Job Opportunities with your Degree
Popular Colleges - Most talked about Colleges and Degrees
From the Blog - the latest from our online degrees blog
100 Professors You Should Follow and Learn from on Twitter
June 1st, 2009
- @Nouriel: Nouriel Roubini is a professor at Stern School, NYU, and a Chairman of RGE Monitor, as well as a web entrepreneur.
- @WayneMarr: This professor of Business Administration is also the cofounder of SSRN.
- @HenryAlzamora: Check out professor Henry Alzamora to learn about Internet entrepreneurship and advertising.
- @SCMProfessor: If you’re interested in supply chain management, be sure to check out @SCMProfessor.
- @hlovins: @hlovins is a professor of sustainable management.
- @CRA1G: Craig Froehle offers his take as a business professor and healthcare operations researcher.
- @CookingStrategy: Michael Rouse is a strategy professor interested in social enterprise, communities of passion, and born globals working to better the world.
- @doctorius: Matthew Gilbert offers something for almost everyone as a professor of business, communication, English, and IT.
- @cathymartin: Cathy Martin is an HR consultant specializing in human capital.
- @SashaStrauss: Sasha Strauss offers knowledge as a brand strategist, professor, and business owner.
- @BelugaBoyd: If you want to learn about sustainable entrepreneurship and green technology, check out what Boyd Cohen has to say.
- @jefftrexler: Follow Jeff Trexler to learn about social enterprise.
- @Debbas: This professor of marketing is a social media expert and founder of promotional items and printing.
- @vargas1: Lauren Vargas offers her knowledge as a public relations and marketing communication professor.
- @ejyoung67: You can learn about Internet marketing, social media, and more from associate professor of marketing Elaine Young.
- @harishbnair: This professor is a marketing evangelist.
- @allenweiss: Allen Weiss is the CEO and founder of MarketingProfs.
- @stylexplorers: @stylexplorers offers information on marketing, advertising, and social media.
- @flahertb: @flahertb is a marketing professor at James Madison University.
- @carol_phillips: This millenial marketing enthusiast works as a marketing professor at University of Notre Dame and specializes in online market research.
- @Schengber: @Schengber is interested in community marketing and management.
- @CapitolB: Barbara Saylor is a PR professor and connoisseur of the lush and lovely.
- @dmhoro: @dmhoro focuses on successful personal branding.
- @gHarsha: @gHarsha is interested in new media consumption and advertising.
- @PaulKrugman: Check out @PaulKrugman to learn from a professor of Economics and International Affairs, as well as a New York Times columnist.
- @ProfCarol: Carol Dickson-Carr is a part-time economics professor, Six Sigma green belt, productivity coach, and more.
- @courosa: Alec Couros is a professor of educational technology and media.
- @hmason: Hilary Mason is a computer science professor, data scientist, and a web geek.
- @gallaugher: @gallaugher is a professor of information systems and publisher of The Week in Geek.
- @CindyRoyal: Check out Cindy Royal’s tweets to learn from a professor of web design and multimedia.
- @lavasusan: This Hawaiian professor is interested in all things tech.
- @nancito: Nancy Morales is a tech professor and educational IT adviser that’s enthusiastic about web 2.0.
- @m_scott: Learn about technology from this professor and director of instructional technology.
- @lemire: Check out @lemire to learn about computer science, elearning, and more.
- @ciberesfera: Ines Amaral is interested in cyberculture, social networks, web 2.0, virtual worlds, and cyberjournalism.
- @billgx: Check out Bill Genereux to learn from a computer/digital media professor.
- @robertstevenson: Follow Robert Stevenson to get an education in mass communications.
- @jenleereeves: This new media enthusiast is an associate professor in the Missouri School of Journalism.
- @GreensladeR: Roy Greenslade offers his take as a professor of journalism, freelance journalist, and media commentator.
- @drgilpin: Check out @drgilpin to learn about communication and PR.
- @RadioCarla: @RadioCarla is a communication professor, Disney travel agent, and former radio geek.
- @mattmansfield: Matt Mansfield is a Medill journalism professor and the president of the Society for News Design.
- @christiebrkt: Christie Ann Barakat offers knowledge in mass communication, social psychology, and social media.
- @chutry: Chuck Tryon is a professor of film and media studies as well as a movie geek.
- @garyschwitzer: Gary Schwitzer is an associate professor of journalism and publisher of HealthNewsReview.org.
- @therefore: You can learn about emerging media from professor Dean Terry.
- @theaudioprof: Rob Potter’s tweets will teach you about mass communication and cognitive science.
- @DBallardReisch: You can learn about strategic communication from @DBallardReisch.
- @penningink: @penningink is a PR professor and consultant.
- @dquack: @dquack is a PR professor and strategic communications advisor.
- @billhandy: You can learn about public relations, communication strategy, and more from Bill Handy.
- @Hermida: This digital news pioneer is also a professor of integrated journalism at the University of British Columbia.
- @davidmsilver: Learn about media studies from David M. Silver.
- @agranado: On Antonio Granado’s Twitter feed, you’ll learn all about journalism.
- @rmack: Rebecca MacKinnon offers her view as a new media professor, journalist, and blogger.
- @BarbaraNixon: Barbara Nixon is a public relations and communication proessor as well as a PhD candidate.
- @raquelrecuero: Racquel Recuero spends her time as a professor and researcher of social networks, virtual communities, and social media.
- @MarcusduSautoy: Marcus offers knowledge as a Simonyi Professor for the Public Understanding of Science and a professor of mathematics.
- @ghoberg: Learn about environmental and natural resource policy from @ghoberg.
- @wealthsource: Read Steve Laycock’s tweets to learn about philosophy.
- @monasaves: Anna Chris is an English professor, writer, editor, and social media apprentice.
- @captain_primate: @captain_primate shares knowledge as a professor of cultural heritage informatics and learning.
- @shona2412: Gargi Nath is a professor of English in India.
- @alew: Alan A. Lew is a professor of geography and tourism at Northern Arizona University.
- @lisbet: You can learn about media, graphic design, anthropology, and cultural studies from @lisbet.
- @mjvalente: Maria Joao Valente is an archaeologist and professor.
- @alicejrobison: This assistant professor of English studies the literacy practices in social media, particularly video games.
- @billwolff: Check out @billwolff to learn about writing arts, new media, web design, information architecture, and tech writing.
- @ethicsblogger: Chris MacDonald is a philosophy professor who blogs about business ethics and biotech.
- @roomynaqvy: Check out Roomy Naqvy to find an English professor, translator, blogger, and investor.
- @doctorandree: This English professor is also a Fulbright winner.
- @shaunjamison: Shaun Jamison is a law professor, attorney, coach, speaker, and more.
- @drdigipol: Learn from a digiral political strategist in Alan Rosenblatt.
- @thejimjams: If you’re interested in media law, be sure to check out James Hirsen.
- @stevemeltzer: Steve Meltzer offers an education in business, privacy, and nonprofit law.
- @HHRadio: Check out @HHRadio to learn from a law professor and radio broadcaster.
- @TradeSecretLaw: Scott Gibson is an adjunct professor of law, business lawyer, counselor, and adviser.
- @kohenari: Follow @kohenari to learn about political theory.
- @BKPundit: Read what Dwight Alvis has to say to learn from a professor of political science.
- @jmilles: Jim Milles works as a law professor in Buffalo, New York.
- @LigonDuncan: This professor of theology is also a Presbyterian minister.
- @Drpoulette: Dennis Poulette offers his knowledge as a youth ministry professor.
- @jonbecker: You can learn about technology and leadership in education from professor of educational leadership John Becker.
- @wgraziadel: Visit Bill Graziadei to learn more about eLearning.
- @candyschwartz: Learn about library information science from Candy Schwartz.
- @retro_man: @retro_man is an eLearning and instructional design evangelist.
- @zeitz: If you’re interested in instructional technology, be sure to check out Leigh Zeitz.
- @chrispenny: Chris Penny offers his knowledge as an educational technology professor.
- @DougCovey: This nonprofit education provider and adjunct professor believes all kids are capable of success.
- @bridener: Barbara Ridener offers her knowledge as a math education professor.
- @toddkashdan: Todd Kasdhdan is a psychology professor and positive psychology researcher.
- @KevinLBurke: Kevin L. Burke, PhD works as a sport psychology college professor and business consultant.
- @madure: If you want to learn about behavioral science and law, be sure to check out professor Lakshman Madurasinghe.
- @DoctorRobin: This professor specializes as an integrative physician and compassionate healer.
- @DrAmorWellness: Amor Santiago works as a university professor in public health and prevention.
- @MontyCraigMusic: Monty Craig is a professor of jazz guitar at Clemson University and professional bandleader.
- @metromediaqueen: Tricia Thomas is a Photoshop professor and a student of the arts.
- @mikejjohnson: Check out Michael Johnson to learn from a professor at Berklee College of Music.
- @ryanseslow: Ryan Seslow is a prolific artist and professor of art.
- @drkent: Dr. Kent Guvstavson is a professor and PhD classical composer.
Although most people think of Twitter as a tool for communication, networking, and marketing, it’s also a great resource for education as well. By following professors and other educators, you can get learning straight from the source without even having to step into a classroom. Here, we’ll take a look at 100 of the most valuable professors active on Twitter today.
Follow these professors to get a business education.
You can learn about marketing, on Twitter and off, through these professors.
Follow these professors to learn about finance and economics.
These professors offer knowledge in technology and beyond.
Communications & Media
Twitter is one of the fastest growing and popular forms of new media, so it has naturally attracted an impressive amount of communications, media, and PR professors.
Science & Math
If you’re interested in math and science, be sure to check out these Twittering professors.
Here we have a great collection of English, Anthropology, and other liberal arts professors.
Law & Politics
Get a look into politics and legal matters through these professors.
These professors practice and teach theology.
These Twittering professors focus on education and elearning.
These professors can help you learn more about the way the mind works.
From these professors, you’ll learn about medicine, health, and more.
Follow these professors to get an arts education on Twitter.